Friday, September 11, 2009

8 years ago......Remembering 9/11

Today is a day we shall never forget.  My 8 1/2 year old son was just shy of being 6 months old on this tragic day eight years ago.  I remember being at home with him and turning on the tv and I absolutely could not believe what I was seeing.  My brother, his wife and their baby boy were living with me at the time and I remember running downstairs to wake him up and tell him what was happening. 

As we were sitting there is shock, there were many thoughts running through my mind.  One of those thoughts was "how could I have brought a child into this world"  "what did I do"  I just couldn't believe what was happening and thought this was the first of much more destruction.  One of my other very vivid thoughts was looking at my brother and realizing, just 3 days before he had resigned his contract with the Marines.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the victims of 9/11 as well as the families, the firefighters, the police officers, and everyone that was personally effected this tragic day.  I am thankful for our troops and my heart goes out to them all for fighting for our freedom.

No comments: